STOP HERE: PLEASE READ THIS
If you have an active USGA Handicap Index® at a TGA Member Club or Course you are already a TGA member by virtue of this and you are eligible to enjoy the TGA member benefits outlined below. If you do not have an active handicap (i.e. TGA membership) please read the following information to learn how to join the TGA.
TGA Membership Information
Join the TGA to become part of its rich history, help promote the game of golf and receive the benefits that come with being a member. The TGA provides services to approximately 220 member clubs and over 32,000 members. Terrific benefits make membership in the TGA a worthwhile investment in golf. Some of the membership benefits include:
- Official USGA Handicap® which helps golfers of varying abilities compete on an even playing field.
- Tennessee Golf Quarterly is the Official Publication of the Tennessee Golf Association. This digital magazine is published quarterly and is a great source of up-to-date and relevant information on Tennessee golf.
- TGA Competitions are open to TGA members who meet all eligibility requirements. The TGA offers events for men, women and juniors of all ages.
- TGA Member Play Days are a great way for you and a few friends to enjoy a nice day of golf at one of Tennessee's premier golf courses.
- TGA Rules of Golf Workshops are annually coducted to help educate golfers on the USGA Rules of Golf.
- Brooks Brothers Membership provides TGA members with a 15% discount on Brooks Brothers merchandise.
- World Golf Hall of Fame provides TGA members admission discounts, 25% off purchases at www.wghof.org, and 10% off "stay and play" packages
- eGolfer is a online social networking tool that allows TGA members to track their stats, communicate with their friends and stay informed on what is going on in golf around the state.
- eRevision is a tool that allows TGA members to get their updated USGA Handicap Index via email after each handicap revision. The eRevision also contains an Association News portion where you can keep up to date on what is going on with the TGA.
- GHIN.com is the homepage of the Golf Handicap and Information Network (GHIN). TGA Members can log onto GHIN.com to post scores online as well as view their handicap record along with the handicap record of any of the other 35,000 plus TGA members.
- Hole-In-One Club is a service the TGA provides to its members that have achieved one of the rarest feats in golf, the Hole-In-One. In addition to having their name listed in our online database, TGA members also receive a personalized certificate commemorating their achievement.
- Most Improved Golfer Award is annually given to the golfer at each TGA Member Club that has the largest (percentage) improvement relative to their handicap from the beginning of the year.
- Various Junior Golf programs and activities are supported by TGA members through the Tennessee Golf Foundation
How to Become a TGA Member
If you have a USGA Handicap® from a TGA Member Club then you are already a TGA member and you are already eligible to receive the benefits listed above. If you are not currently a member of the TGA you can become a member by any one of the following ways:
Club or Course
Golfers can get a TGA Membership at a number of private, public and resort courses all across the state. Click here to view a list of TGA Member Clubs.
As a convenience the TGA allows online handicap signups. For only $30, the TGA will process your membership to one of our TGA member clubs in your area. You will be prompted thru the registration on our Fellowship of Tennessee Golfers and then notified with the process is complete. You will get an official USGA Handicap Index, as well as member benefits listed above. For more information on this service, please contact Lynne Howd at the TGA Office - (615) 790-7600 or email@example.com.
TGA Membership Fees
Individual pricing for a TGA membership may vary from club to club. Some clubs and associations offer additional benefits for being a member at their club.
If you have any questions about joining the TGA, please contact Lynne Howd at the TGA Office - (615) 790-7600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.